With this Cookie Butter S’mores Dip, you won’t need to go camping to enjoy s’mores! Cookie butter is melted with rich milk chocolate and sweet marshmallows to create this seriously addicting s’mores dip! Grab your graham crackers and enjoy s’mores any time!
It’s my face. My demeanor exudes an over-inflated ego. The type of ego which intimidates people. I’m really nice in person. Just super shy with a bad case of resting bitch face.
Where was I?
Oh, yeah. The cookie butter game.
I was so.late.to.that. While every blogger was posting cookie butter somethings and waxing poetic on it’s sheer awesomeness – I was all like, what’s the hype? I just didn’t get it. Nothing can usurp Nutella, the queen of all sweetened spreads.
Years passed and the cookie butter, along with the bacon craze died down. And I had yet to try cookie butter. I was familiar with the flavor. I’ve flown Delta and my husband managed to finagle endless packets of speculoos cookies from flight attendants. Cookie butter wasn’t accessible to me. And I was not about to crush perfectly good cookies on the off chance I’d turn them into butter. Cookies are for cheesecake crust and hiding from your kids to munch on following a stressful day at work.
That was that.
Then one morning I woke up to find a jar of Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter on my counter, followed by an excited testimonial from Mr. M.O.B. who proclaimed “that shit is the bomb!!”. So I had some. And indeed it was. The jar was gone before I knew it. The thought of a cookie butter s’mores dip, however, lingered in my brain.
The next time I passed by a Trader Joe’s I purchased 4 jars. Two are gone, one is hidden and the last jar is a reminder to my peeps: This is the last jar, mofos.
Cookie Butter S’mores Dip is easy to make. I used milk chocolate here. Feel free to go the semi-sweet route. In fact, next time I will.
I made it in a small 6″ square cast iron skillet, large enough for two to share. Or one very selfish person. I don’t judge.
You begin with layer of chocolate, followed by dollops of cookie butter. This is topped with marshmallow halves. Enough to cover the surface.
The skillet is thrown in the oven until the marshmallows brown. Remove from the oven, allow the mixture to cool a bit, and go in with some graham crackers. Go in with abandon. Don’t be shy about this shit.
The cookie butter melts very fluid and mixes perfectly with the melted chocolate and marshmallows.
I’ve made other s’mores dips. I have. And each hold a special place in my heart. This Cookie Butter S’mores dip tops them all. Now I understand what all the hype was about.
Cookie butter is the shit.
Cookie Butter S'mores Dip
- 1/2 cup Milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Speculoos cookie butter
- 8 Marshmallows cut in half
- Graham crackers for dipping
- Preheat the oven 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread milk chocolate chips on the surface of a 6" cast iron skillet or pan, making sure the chocolate completely covers the surface of the skillet. Dollop tablespoons of cookie butter over the chocolate chips. Arrange the marshmallow halves over the cookie butter and chocolate chips to cover the surface of the skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven for 5-6 minutes until the marshmallows have expanded, melted, and browned.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, then have at it with some graham crackers.
- Serves 2