The Best Blackberry Lemonade – Super tart and bursting with seasonal blackberries, this lemonade should be served at every barbecue this summer!
The Best Blackberry Lemonade
Quick, because I know you guys are busy picking out delicious cuts of meat, filling your propane tanks, and slicing fruit for a salad your guests won’t really eat. You’re going to need a refreshing drink and I’m coming through in the clutch with this deliciously tart lemonade.
Now flow with me, let’s make this Lemonade.
How to make The Best Blackberry Lemonade
This lemonade is a two-part situation. You start by making a blackberry syrup. The syrup is just pureed blackberries, sugar, and water. You bring this mixture to a boil then simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Make sure you skim the foam that will float to the top. The foam is inevitable. Just skim it with a spoon. Once the puree is ready you will return the mixture to a blender with an additional cup of blackberries. Yeah, we’re adding more blackberries. Strain the mixture to remove the seeds. You don’t want to spend tomorrow’s barbecue picking seeds out of your teeth. Add your freshly squeezed lemons, some super cold water and stir that situation until combined. That’s it!
How to serve this lemonade
To serve you fill a glass with ice, fill the glass halfway with this tart blackberry situation, and top with seltzer. I like to add a little booze; however, I will leave this up to you!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to make a blackberry syrup? Can I just make a puree and be done with it?
Sure… You can. However, syrups have a bolder more concentrated flavor. Plus it lasts longer than a puree!
Can I make the blackberry syrup in advance?
Hell, yeah homeslice! You can make the blackberry syrup a couple of weeks in advance. Just store it in a container with a tight-fitting lid and pop it in the fridge.
Can I substitute the lemons for lime?
Sure you can, but now you have to call it a Blackberry Limeade.
I’m living the low carb life. Can I use a sugar free sweetener?
I’m here to support you on your journey, homie! Yes, you can definitely use a sugar free sweetener. I read granular Swerve tastes and measures like sugar. It also does not cause the digestive issues associated with other sugar alcohols.
Here’s some more lemonade recipes! Happy barbecuing!
The Best Blackberry Lemonade
For the blackberry syrup
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- Splash of vanilla extract
For the blackberry lemonade
- Blackberry syrup
- 1 cup blackberries
- 8-10 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice About 8-10 lemons
- 4 -5 cups very cold water
- 1/4 cup of sugar or to taste optional
- Seltzer water
- Place the blackberries, sugar, and water in a blender and blend on high speed until combined.
- In a medium saucepan combine blackberry puree mixture. Bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sugar has dissolved, about 8-10 minutes. Skim the foam that has risen to the surface and discard. Remove mixture from heat and add a splash of vanilla extract.
- Place the syrup, plus 1 cup of blackberries in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture to remove the blackberry seeds. Discard the seeds.
- To a large glass container or a pitcher - Add the blackberry puree, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and cold water. Stir the mixture until fully combined.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness as desired.
- To serve: Add ice to an 8 oz glass. Fill the glass halfway with blackberry lemonade and top with seltzer.
- Makes about one half gallon.