Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies!! Their crispy exterior gives way to a chewy center full of chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts. Bake a batch for the cookie lover in your life!
I know a cookie addict. We’re close. Like, super close. 20 years deep into this thing. Let’s call this cookie addict Bob.
Bob loves cookies. Like really, really loves cookies.
Bob can sit with a tall glass of milk and eat like a million cookies in one sitting.
There ought to be an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records for how many cookies Bob polish off in one sitting with just one glass of milk.
Bob has a technique. I’ve observed Bob eat cookies. For research purposes. He takes tiny sips of milk and super large bites of cookies.
Bob loves cookies.
If Bob were a muppet, Bob would be Cookie Monster.
When cookies run out, the struggle for Bob is real.
Flow with me. This is where these Jumbo Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies come in.
These jumbotrons are for the Cookie Loving Bob in your life. They’re gigantic, at least 5 inches in diameter and probably the equivalent to about four regular sized cookies. Sometimes four cookies are not enough for Bob.
When Bob saw these Gigantour cookies, Bob’s eyes lit up. I believe Bob wished upon a star for these ginormous cookies with a deep sense of longing. It happened. Finally.
Bob was happy.
Very happy. Because this batch makes eight humongous cookies.
And armed with his customary tall glass of milk, Bob went in.
Bob ate two cookies that night. Then he wrapped two more cookies and ate them two days later. Bob didn’t share those cookies.
Because they were just as good two days later.
Bob was happy.
Bake these colossalsaurus cookies for the cookie loving Bob in your life.
Just to see how many of these cookies Bob can shove in his mouth in one sitting.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour spooned then leveled
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup 1 ½ sticks) Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 large Eggs -
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Mix briefly with a fork to combine and set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (hand mixer and large bowl work here too), over medium/high speed, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the vanilla extract. Stop and scrape the mixer to incorporate ingredients.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixer all at once. Mix until mostly combined, about 20-25 seconds. It’s fine if you see some flour bits. Remove bowl from the mixer and fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- With a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop out portions of cookie dough and very quickly roll them into balls. This batter should make 8 large cookies.
- Place four cookies very far apart on each baking sheet. Place trays in the oven and baked for 12-14 minutes. The tops would have lost their shine and the edges will look lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for about 5-10 minutes.