“I’m a member of the Kraft Tastemakers — A community of kitchen aficionados contributing my recipes and stories to KraftRecipes.com. Kraft compensates me for my time and provides me with materials to make the lovely dishes you see. My stories, my opinions and my tastes are forever my own!”
Hey… You… Let me holla’ at you for a second.
Wanna know what I’m into? Breakfast. I dig breakfast. I’m ‘bout that breakfast life.
Breakfast sets the tone for the entire day. You feel more energized when your belly is full. That’s a fact. You’re more productive at work. Your brain works better. You’re less stabby in the mornings.
But I dig why some of you don’t do the breakfast thing. Time. There is never ever any time! I’m a mom. I know how difficult it is to have breakfast ready when you’re brushing your teeth and frantically looking for a stray sock that was “right there” a minute ago, yet somehow ends up in the freezer.
I.Get.It. I’m one of you. Let me hook you up, boo.
Did I mention I’m a Kraft Tastemaker? Oh, yeah… I did. Well I am, and it’s super dope. Why? Because I get to develop recipes like these tasty and very easy Mini Chilaquiles Casseroles to share with you. All of you.
These Mini Chilaquiles Casseroles take very little effort to put together. In fact, if you have 10 minutes right before bed – After you shove homework in book bags, you can totally put the filling of these casseroles together. Pop that jammy in the fridge. In the morning, grab the filling, crush some tortilla chips (while simultaneously letting out morning frustration), layer these bad boys, liberally sprinkle some cheese – And pop in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Real talk? By the time your kids are dressed, you have a hearty and delicious breakfast situation waiting.
Bonus? The flavors here are amazing.
Super bonus? No one is stabby in the mornings.
And maybe, just maybe – You’ll stop putting socks in the freezer. It’s getting ridiculous, boo.
Dig Mexican Casseroles? Hop on over to Kraft and peep more Mexican casserole recipes!
Dig breakfast as much as I do? I got you, boo. Hop on over to Kraft and peep these Breakfast and Brunch Recipe situations!!
- 2 3/4 cups bite sized tortilla chips lightly crushed
- 1 cup unsalted corn kernels
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 small jalapeño finely diced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 cups Chunky salsa mild or hot
- (1/2 cup of each for a total of 1 ½ cups Three cheese blend - Mozzarella cheddar, Monterrey jack
- Chopped cilantro garnish
- Diced tomatoes garnish
- Finely diced jalapeño garnish
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Very lightly spray four .25 quart mini Dutch ovens with cooking spray and set aside. In a medium bowl combine corn kernels, black beans, jalapeño, diced tomatoes, and cilantro leaves. Mix briefly to combine.
- Layer the bottom of each mini Dutch oven with about 1/3 cup of lightly crushed tortilla chips. Add ¼ cup Taco Bell Thick and Chunky Salsa over the tortilla chip layer, followed by the corn/black bean/tomato mixture. Press down lightly on the solids. Add another ¼ cup Taco Bell Thick and Chunky Salsa to each mini Dutch oven, layer with tortilla chips, and top with Kraft Shredded Mexican Style Four Cheese Blend.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and salsa bubbles slightly. Remove from the oven. Garnish with chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, and jalapeños if desired.
- Serve hot.
- Breakfast casserole filling can be prepared one day in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use. In the morning, quickly layer the mini Dutch ovens and pop in the oven.
- Sprinkle cilantro, tomato, and jalapeño garnish over cheese and bake it with the casserole instead of serving it raw.