This zesty avocado dressing is both sprinkled with lime juice and folded with its zest. With the bold flavor of avocados and a peppery cilantro bite – This has to be drizzled on your next salad!
It is HARD to live right, people. Health-wise. For me. I don’t know what that situation is like for you. But for me? Hard. When you’re in the business of shoving cookies in people’s faces, putting a gooey cookie down becomes exceedingly difficult.
I have no will power. None.
Nevertheless, a sista’ is trying to live right.
I’ve been shoving more veggies in my face, hiding them in all my food areas. I’m not against veggies – I just like chocolate chip cookies much, much more than a cauliflower floret.
But again. I am trying to live right. I will not be dissuaded. And I won’t call this a journey. Mostly because the end of a journey in my mind consists of eating more cookies. Don’t ask. Let’s call this a steep wall climb.
I made you a salad dressing with more green than a meadow.
Avocados – Green and good for you
Cilantro – Green as hell with a nice peppery bite
Limes – Green with a nice zesty roundness
A bit of garlic, salt, a little sugar – Some olive oil, a little greek yogurt and thinned a bit with water.
Keep in mind, despite adding water to this dressing it is still pretty thick. I suggest using a less buttery avocado, like the Florida variety. Those are pretty watery. If this dressing is still too thick for your liking, add a bit more water till you reach desired consistency. Don’t add more olive oil. Adding more oil will just muddle the flavors. And you don’t want that.
Now, this is a dressing you want on your next salad. It’s deeply flavored by avocado and cilantro; got that tang from the greek yogurt. My favorite part is that nice zesty bite of lime. So fresh. So clean. So green.
So next time you want to put down the cookie, live right, and pick up a salad – Drizzle it with this avocado dressing.
Live right. No regrets.
- 3/4 cup Avocado diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Plain greek yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Water more if needed
- In blender or food processor, combine the avocado, cilantro leaves, garlic cloves, mustard, Greek yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, salt, and sugar. Process or blend on high until combined. Add the water, followed by the olive oil in a stream until smooth. Stop the food processor or blender and taste.
- Adjust the flavors as needed. If the dressing is too thick, add water about a teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon or pour the dressing into a glass container with a tight sealing lid. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Will last 3-5 days in the fridge.
- Makes about a 1 1/2 cups of dressing.