A thin layer of silky chocolate holds a healthy dose of crunchy caramel corn and deliciously salty bacon. Bacon Caramel Corn Bark. You need this.
We’re going to do things My Way.
I made bark. It’s the Christmas thing to do. It’s totally Christmas to make and give away a slab of chocolate with toppings sprinkled on top.
So I made bark.
And my way consists of two types of chocolate – Milk and super dark. This chocolate is spread thin on a parchment lined cookie sheet. I don’t know about you, but I’m not into a two inch thick slab of chocolate. I make it thin; a little over 1/4 of an inch.
I fried up some bacon. Bacon is delicious meat candy. I don’t wanna hear about the ill effects of bacon. It’s Christmas. Don’t knock my hustles.
Then I brought a box of Crunch & Munch caramel corn.
With peanuts. Always peanuts.
Wanna know what I did once I poured that silky melted chocolate over a parchment lined cookie sheet? Then I sprinkled about a ¼ cup of crumbled bacon over the chocolate. Flattened it a bit. Mmmhmm – That’s right.
I sprinkled Crunch & Munch over that. Flattened that a bit.
I allowed it to come to room temperature.
I’m not going to say I hid in a corner and went Pacman on this Bacon Caramel Corn Bark.
But I DID hide in a corner and went Pacman on this Bacon Caramel Corn Bark.
No use denying it. This bark is delicious, crunchy, and salty from the bacon.
Who the hell can resist?!
- 7 ounces Extra bitter chocolate 70%
- 7 ounces Milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled Bacon
- About 2 cups Caramel Corn with Peanuts I used Crunch & Munch
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place a small pot half filled with water on the stove. Over the pot, place a medium bowl. Turn the heat to medium/low and bring the water to a simmer. To the bowl, add the dark and light chocolate and melt completely, stirring occasionally.
- Remove melted chocolate from the stove and pour in the center of the parchment lined cookie sheet. Spread the melted chocolate with an offset spatula into a rectangular shape that's at least 1/4 inch thick.
- Add the bacon, pressing it lightly. Add the Caramel corn and press that lightly until it's partially submerged in the melted chocolate.
- Set aside at room temperature and allow it to solidify and lose its shine.
- Break into pieces and resist the urge to eat it all.