Alright, stop what you’re doin’.
’cause I’m about to ruin.
The image and the style that you’re used to.
Nah, I’m just kidding…
I’m about to change your whole life situation right now.
First things first…
HAPPY NATIONAL CHEESECAKE DAY!
This deserves a happy dance.
Chunky Monica Happy Dance.
I have teamed up with over 70 food bloggers to celebrate this Cheesecake deal. Scroll to the bottom of the post for a list of delectable cheesecakes!
Now flow with me, I’ve got one that will change your life.
Did you know you can make cheesecake and NOT have to fire up your oven?
Cheesecake takes forever to cook. FOREVER! OK – It’s like an hour and a half, but when you want to dip your spoon into that smooth silkiness it will feel like forever.
It takes like, 8 hours to chill. Who has time to wait 8 hours?!
If you’re not at least semi familiar with the nuances of cheesecake, it’s a gamble. Your cheesecake spends hours in the oven, bringing up your house temps and making you sweat in unladylike places. Then you pop that jammy out and it’s either this beautifully round cheesecake situation or it’s crack-tastic. Or worse! You end up with a soupy mess.
Crack is wack.
Soupy is droopy.
Roll with this no bake situation instead.
I combined two of my favorite, faaaaaaaavorite flavors, Bananas and caramel to give you this banana foster cheesecake shooter.
What’s best about this jammy?
Glad you asked.
We’re not baking it.
No, that’s not it. Well, it’s part of the “IT”. What’s really best about this jammy is the dulce de leche cheesecake layer.
No, the banana caramel layer.
I can’t choose. My brain is about to short circuit. Let’s get to the recipe.
We’re starting with a dulce de leche cheesecake layer. Remember, we’re not baking. We’re going hard and fast here. All ingredients cold. None of this room temperature crap.
Cold cream cheese is mixed with confectioners’ sugar, silky dulce de leche, bit of vanilla bean paste and vanilla extract. Cold heavy cream is added to turn this into a smooth light situation and then chilled in the freezer for max sturdiness.
While that slammin’ dulce de leche cheesecake chills, make the banana foster layer. Melted butter and brown sugar are the foundation of it all. No, seriously. Foundation. You need it to make caramel. Once the caramel is blubbly and beautiful add vanilla extract for flavor. Want to kick this up? Rum. Dark rum. Add it. Don’t skip it. It’s real, yo. Finally, you add bananas and walnuts. Or pecans. Your nut, your choice. I had walnuts on hand, which I like better anyway.
You allow the banana foster mix to cool a bit so it doesn’t melt your cheesecake situation.
Now comes the fun part. You layer that sucka’ good and nice. Chill for about 20 minutes, then go in on that bad boy.
As you do the Chunky Monica Happy Dance.
Wanna see that dance again?
Of course you do.
I teamed up with 75+ bloggers to celebrate this Cheesecake situation!
Peep at what what they made.
Truly, truly drool.
- Apricot ricotta cheesecake from Diethood
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate chip cookie mini cheesecake from My Sweet Zepol
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar cookie cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- Butter Pecan Caramel Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- Mini Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neopolitan Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars from Cooking with Jax
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
For the dulce de leche cheesecake
- 6 oz cream cheese cold
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup dulce de leche I used Nestle La Lechera
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup very cold heavy cream
For the Banana Foster
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Make the dulce de leche cheesecake:
- In a bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, add cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, dulce de leche, vanilla extract and paste. Begin mixing over low speed until the confectioners' sugar is somewhat incorporated.
- Increase the speed to high and whip until combined and mixture is smooth. Stop and scrape the mixer. Continue whipping on high and add the heavy cream in 3 parts, making sure the whip cream has incorporated and thickened before each addition.
- Whip until the mixture is thickened. Stop the mixer. Add the cheesecake mixture to a piping bag fitted with a star or round tip. A ziplock bag works here too. Be sure to snip the end of the ziplock bag. Place in the freezer for about 20-25 minutes. While the cheesecake chills, make the banana foster.
Make the banana foster:
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Increase the heat to medium and to the melted butter add the light brown sugar. Whisk until the butter and sugar are incorporated. Let cook until the mixture bubbles. Carefully, slowly (cause that jammy bubbles and spatters) add the rum, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Once it stops bubbling, whisk to combine. Add the bananas and walnuts and cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool almost to room temperature. The banana fosters should still be somewhat on the warm side, but not hot enough to melt the cheesecake.
To assemble the cheesecake shooters:
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer. To a mini glass or mason jar add a spoonful of the banana foster mixture. Pipe the dulce de leche cheesecake over the banana foster mixture. Alternate spooning banana foster and dulce de leche cheesecake until you reach the top of the mini glass. Repeat with next mini glass until you fill six 4 oz glasses. Drizzle some banana foster caramel on top of each glass and top with banana slices. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Makes six 4 ounce mini glasses.