Tart and sweet strawberry coconut cheesecake is piped inside chocolate cups lined with a sprinkle of coconut. Because this Valentine’s Day your boo deserves the very best.
Let’s talk about love…
Elementary school love is,
Giggles and best friends
Happy swing pushing
Share my ice cream, and “Hey – I bought you some candy!”
Young love is,
Late night phone calls
Evening park bench sitting
Long walk having
Summer stoop sitting, skittles sharing
Oh, and do you notice a certain sweetness in the air?
It’s “Damn, I looooove him!”
First kisses, long kisses and experimenting
Adult love is,
It is equality and compromise
It is selfish sometimes
It is support and tolerance
It is comfort
It is for the rest of our lives
It is harmonious blending
It is mutual interests
It is communication
It is knowing you made the right choice
It is bittersweet
It is tart
It is sweet
Bittersweet like these chocolate cups
Textured like a sprinkle of coconut flakes
Tart, soft, and sweet like coconut strawberry cheesecake
Biting into this and feeling complete.
For the chocolate cups
- 1 1/4 cup Semi-sweet chocolate morsels
For the strawberry cheesecake
- 1 8 oz package Cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups Confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup Strawberry puree
- 3 tablespoons Cream of coconut Coco Lopez
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- Sweetened flaked coconut
- Strawberry slices for garnish
- Make the strawberry cheesecake filling:
- To a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Mix on low until mostly combined. Stop and scrape the mixer, then add the strawberry puree, cream of coconut, and the vanilla extract. Whip on high speed until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer or a hand whisk to make this situation come together. Pour the filling into a piping bag fitted with a star or round tip and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. If you don’t have a piping bag a Ziploc bag works here too. If you have neither, you can spoon it into the chocolate cups. Don’t make your life harder than it is. It’s just dessert, homies.
- Make the chocolate cups:
- Set aside 8 silicone cupcake liners. Place chocolate in a small bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate inside each silicone cup and swirl it around to coat the cups completely. Place the cups in the freezer on top of a flat surface and let it chill for about 15 minutes. Once completely chilled, gently remove the chilled chocolate from the silicone cups and set aside to fill.
- To assemble:
- Sprinkle or spoon a bit of sweetened flaked coconut inside each chocolate cup and then pipe or spoon strawberry cheesecake on top of the sweetened flaked coconut. Pile that situation high. Top with strawberry slices and chill until ready to eat.
- Makes 8