Peanut butter, bananas, and dulce de leche call these Rice Krispies treats home. If Elvis were alive, he’d be all over this one!
Sometimes I wonder – What would Elvis Presley think? Dying at the peak of the disco era it’s natural to wonder: If Elvis were alive today, what would he think of:
The birth of Hip Hop
The Vogue Craze
The Reggaeton boom
The Housing collapse
Clearly Elvis missed key points in history. It’s a shame, really. I’d love to know his thoughts. I’d love to know what he’d think of Kanye storming on stage when Beyonce doesn’t win Grammy. Would he call him a Hound Dog – Cryin’ all the time?
What would he think of these non-deserving shot-to-fame individuals? The very ones who garner notoriety for doing nothing more than publishing sex tapes and going viral? I know what you’re thinking. Don’t be Cruel.
Think about it. How would Elvis feel biting into a cupcake piled high with cookie butter frosting? All Shook Up, maybe?
I made these Rice Krispies treats with Elvis in mind.
I’d like to think if Elvis made Rice Krispies treats in his blue suede shoes, he’d add peanut butter and bananas to them. He probably never experienced the joys of dulce de leche, but if he were alive today I’d like to think he would add some to the pot. Oh, just watching the marshmallows melt. He can’t help Falling in Love.
He’d top it with some melted chocolate.
That first bite is a Love me Tender situation. That crunch. The combination of bananas and peanut butter are enough to send anyone over the edge. That hint of dulce de leche. Finally that bit of chocolate.
He’d pop a button in his sequined jumpsuit for sure; hit someone in the eye by mistake. Even that wouldn’t stop him from eating a pan. Or two. Take them away he’d book a room in The Heartbreak Hotel.
These Rice Krispies Treats look like an Angel, smell like an Angel. They’re the Devil in Disguise, though. And let’s be real, we can’t get enough of the devil, can we?
- 1 1/4 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Dulce de Leche
- ½ cup Peanut butter
- 1 small mashed Ripe banana
- 1, 10 ounce package Mini marshmallows
- 7 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt the chocolate:
- Fill a small saucepan with water and place a stainless steel bowl over the saucepan. Over low heat, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and set aside briefly until ready to use.
- Make the peanut butter banana treats:
- Liberally grease an 8x8 square pan with cooking spray and aside. Add the butter to a large saucepan set to low heat. To the unsalted butter add the dulce de leche and peanut butter. Stir until somewhat melted. If you see chunks of dulce de leche it’s OK. Add the mashed banana and quickly whisk until combined.
- Add the marshmallows. Stir with a heat proof spatula until marshmallows, dulce de leche, peanut butter, and banana are completely melted. Remove from heat and add the rice krispies cereal. Mix until the rice krispies cereal is completely well coated by the marshmallow mixture.
- Using a spatula liberally sprayed with cooking spray, pour and press the mixture into your prepared square pan. Pour the melted chocolate over the mixture and smooth as best you can. Place the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to set.
- Once your rice treats have cooled, run a knife around the pan and invert the treats onto a cutting board or a flat surface. Cut the treats into either 9 even sized squares or 18 smaller squares.
- Bring to room temperature and enjoy those bad boys.