The Samoa S’mores Dip. All the flavors of the beloved Samoa Girl Scout Cookie – Coconut, caramel, and chocolate in one deliciously warm dip! Grab a skillet and get ready to dip all your graham crackers, my friend!
I took an informal Game Day survey and the participants (who choose to remain anonymous) either:
Have no idea who is playing in this year’s Super bowl.
Are in it for the commercials.
Are in it for the food.
Yah… I’m still trying to figure out how players make a touchdown. Seems involved. Lots of downs, right? Men piling on top of each other. Why does this happen? Won’t the player suffocate? How difficult is it to escape five players on top of you, let alone 20? You’ve seen that, right?
This game is way too convoluted for me. I get confused easily.
I’m in it for the food. And the commercials. Those, I can understand.
If you’re down with food and commercials – Food especially – I’ve got the PERFECT snack for you.
Whatever you planned to make, forget about it. This Samoa S’mores Dip is the REAL MVP.
It’s February and we have given up on trying to live right. Plus, February is like debauchery month – Fat Tuesday, the Super Bowl. It doesn’t help that the mothers of The Girl Scouts of America are shoving cookie order forms in your faces. Let’s be real. You’re weak, I’m weak. You’ve been eating Girl Scout Cookies. I’ve been eating Girl Scout Cookies.
In fact, we’re both fresh out. The Girls Scouts of America? They’re running dangerously low.
Don’t go into withdrawal shakes just yet. I got you. We’re in this together.
This Samoa S’mores Dip has all the flavors of a Samoa, plus melted marshmallows. There is no diet, Paleo, or Whole 30 version of this. Don’t even try. That’s like blasphemy or something.
This Samoa S’mores Dip is ready in less than 10 minutes. It was made specifically for the little fat kid that lives inside us all. The one we try to smother unsuccessfully. It’s for the fat kid who desperately wants to get out and run amuck.
This Game Day, grab a skillet and some graham crackers and make this dip.
Let your inner fat kid out. He wants to play.
GO TEAM GO!!!
Samoa S'mores Dip
- 12 Large marshmallows sliced in half
- 1 1/4 cup Sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup Caramel homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Bittersweet or milk chocolate chips
- 6 inch cast iron skillet
- Preheat the oven to 450° degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the marshmallows in half and set aside.
- Place sweetened flaked coconut in a small bowl and set aside momentarily. Melt the caramel for a few seconds until mostly fluid. Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the semi-melted caramel to the sweetened flaked coconut and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Line chocolate chips on the bottom of the cast iron skillet in an even layer. Spread the caramel/coconut mixture over the chocolate chips as even as you can. Arrange the marshmallow halves over the caramel/coconut mixture to cover surface of the skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven for 5-6 minutes until the marshmallows have expanded and melted.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then have at it with some graham crackers.