Craving brownies? How about cookies? Now you can have both! These super easy Brownie Mix Cookies with toasted pecans are the best of all worlds!
It is moist outside and here I am, thinking about cookies.
I know, I know – Why isn’t my brain on ice cream?
Or ice cream?
Nah. It’s on cookies.
I’m a masochist.
Or maybe… Maybe I just love cookies, so much so that I am willing to fire up my oven with sweat dripping down my back.
Now flow with me – Let’s talk about these Easy Brownie Mix Cookies with Pecans.
I used to be such an insufferable baking snob. There was a period in my life where I would snub a cake mix because – dammit – I was better than that.
I would walk by cake mix in the supermarket, nose in the air. I’d judge a person with a cake mix in their shopping cart.
Baking a cake from scratch is so easy! – I’d say.
I was right.
I was right. Baking a cake from scratch is easy. If you’re a habitual baker, you don’t even think about it.
I was wrong. To judge. Not everyone has the time to bake a cake from scratch. It’s so much easier to dump ingredients in a bowl, mix, and be done with your life.
I get it.
I love dessert, and I also want to live my life.
Enter: Super Easy Brownie Mix Cookies.
I doctored the mix a bit to bake these cookies. I added bit of extra flour to give these cookies a bit of bite. Coconut oil give these cookies a light coconut flavor. I added toasted pecans and some mini chocolate chips.
Less than five minutes and you have cookies in the oven.
These cookies are nice and fudgy. Part brownie, part cookie. The toasted pecans are a nice touch. Add your own mix-ins.
Coconut, or M&M’s.
Peanut Butter cups, or Mini Snickers.
Roasted peanuts or walnuts.
These cookies are ready in no time at all.
Brownie Mix Pecan Cookies
- 1 package Boxed brownie mix I used Girardelli double chocolate, which included chocolate chips in the mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil fluid
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Toasted pecans chopped
- ½ cup Mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. To a large bowl, add the brownie mix, flour, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips, if using. Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Place cookies in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are mostly set. Remove cookies from oven and cool in the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Makes 18-22 cookies