Are you an iced coffee junky? Have I got something for you! This Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate is a jolt in a mason jar! Get on it.
I planned to start your week with a drink; a boozy drink.
I changed my mind. I can do that. Because… You guys need to know about this. Cold brew. Are you up on this situation?
Allow me to school you, homeslice.
Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate is super-duper concentrated coffee.
When I say super concentrated I mean it takes you from 0 to 90 in seconds. I love me some coffee, people. Maybe it’s the Latina in me. Maybe I’ve been working with the French too long – And those folks do love their espresso.
No matter. I like to vibrate in place and I like those vibrations to last well into the late morning hours.
Like right before lunch and shit. And this jammy right here promises just that.
Are you ready to make some cold brew concentrate with me?
Alright, flow with me homies.
If you ask me I will tell you there is no right or wrong way to make cold brew.
I will tell you this: My cold brew is on the VERY strong side. Proceed with caution. Now if you’re one of those brave souls who doesn’t mind vibrating in place, then I’ve got the thing for you.
This cold brew starts with a cool pound of espresso granules.
I use Bustelo.
I’m Latina, bruh. It’s how I do. The espresso granules are poured in a large jar and moistened with anywhere from 10-12 cups of cold water. Give it a good stir. Because you don’t want any dry spots. Cover it and allow it to steep for about 8 hours.
I wake early on a Saturday – Like 5AM – To get my cold brew started in time to enjoy a nice iced coffee in the afternoon. Sometimes it’s past 3AM and I haven’t been able to fall asleep – But that’s a price I pay gladly – ‘Cause this cold brew is the shi-et. You get yours started when it pleases you. Make sure you don’t allow it to steep longer than 8 hours or your cold brew could get bitter and trust – You don’t want that.
Once your cold brew finishes its steeping action you strain it. I suggest you line strainer with a cheesecloth. That way you don’t end up with a mouth fulla granules. I have a piece of cheesecloth JUST for cold brew. Straining it can get messy and it takes some heavy squeeze action. Trust me. It’s worth every concentrated drop.
So you’ve made this super-duper concentrated cold brew. What should you do with it?
Drink it, yo!
I got you, boo. I make a bomb ass iced coffee situation with condensed milk, a crapload of ice, and milk. Lip-smacking deliciousness right there. Some people like their iced coffee dark – And that’s cool! I take my coffee light and sweet. Like my men. Keepin’ it real, real.
I don’t need to tell you what this tastes like. It’s the bomb. You’re going crave it just as much as I do. As a matter of fact – I’ve cut down calories elsewhere and work out a bit extra JUST to enjoy this situation. Daily. A chick needs to have her pleasures.
And I’m extending my pleasures to you. BOOM. Coffee pleasures. Get on it.
For the cold brew
- 1 pound 16 ounces Ground espresso coffee (I used Bustelo)
- 10-12 cups Cold water
For a Bombass iced coffee situation*
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup Cold brew
- 2 tablespoons Sweetened condensed milk
- Whole milk
- Make the cold brew concentrate:
- In a jar or pitcher large enough to hold 1 gallon of liquid, pour the coffee granules. Slowly pour water over the coffee granules until they are well moistened. Give it a stir with a large wooden spoon to ensure no dry spots. Cover with plastic wraps and allow it to steep in room temperature for about 8 hours.
- Now here comes the fun and messy part. Uncover and strain through a cheesecloth lined strainer, gathering and squeezing the cheesecloth to extract as much of that delicious caffeinated goodness. Discard the granules and pour the cold brew into a tightly sealed container. This makes over ½ gallon of intense concentrated cold brew.
- Make the bombass iced coffee:
- To a 12 ounce mason jar add the cold brew. Add the condensed milk and stir until the condensed milk is completely dissolved. Add ice and top with whole milk. Give it a nice stir and sip that situation. Prepare to vibrate in place in 3…2…1…
- Note. This is how I drink my iced coffee. Is it too sweet for you? Add more coffee. Not sweet enough? Add more condensed milk. Coffee is a personal situation. Do whatcha like.
- Adapted from: Always Order Dessert