Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream Float, y’all!! Crisp apples are cooked down for a few minutes in brown sugar, butter, and warm fall spices. These deliciously caramelized apples are then layered between scoops of vanilla ice cream and sparkling seltzer. Who says you can’t have it all?
YOU GUYS – I CAN’T EVEN.
I’m going to keep this post short. Short on words, short on photos.
You have a Caramel Apple Ice Cream Float to make.
It’s warm out. Plus, we both know you’re eating your feelings – Whether they be happy Thanksgiving feelings, or this country is going to shit in a hand basket feelings.
We’re eating our feelings, so we may as well do it right.
Now, this float, y’all. It’s like… It’s like delicious and debauchery smashed, then birthed twin babies. I’m standing by that statement.
Now flow with me, let’s break this situation down.
Apples. One apple, peeled and sliced.
A pan. Get it. I say saucepan, but just grab whatever you have on hand.
Butter. You already know what butter does to food.
Brown sugar. About 1/4 cup. Sidebar: When are people going to get with the program and call me Brown Suga’? Like, seriously.
Spices. We’re spicing errthang ’till the first day of spring, so… Yah.
Vanilla extract. And to edge this towards ‘not for kids, boo. Not for kids’ Rum. Just a little bit.
Cook the apples for a few minutes. Long enough for the brown sugar to melt and for apples to soften a bit. The apples need to have a little bit of bite to them.
Now do that thing where you layer this situation between giant scoops of vanilla ice cream and seltzer or club soda. Save some of that sticky apple spice caramel to drizzle on top.
If you take a good look at my photos, that stickiness is everywhere. Everywhere. And I took and posted those photos anyway. Because it’s real. Because this float? It’s a hot sticky caramel apple delicious mess of pure debauchery.
And you like that, bruh.
You like that.
Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream Float
- 1 large sized Granny smith apple thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Dark rum
- 1/3 cup Club soda or seltzer
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the sliced apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and dark rum. Cook stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves and the apples soften a bit, but still have a bit of a bite to them; about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the apples and syrup to cool completely.
- In a tall glass combine the club soda and about 1/2 the apple mixture. Stir until combined. Add a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream and add the remaining apple mixture, leaving about a tablespoon of syrup for drizzling. Top with a couple more scoops of ice cream. Drizzle with apple syrup. Dip a straw and a spoon and go to TOWN on that bad boy.