Marshmallows and a nice dollop of dulce de leche are sandwiched between two pretzels, then dipped in chocolate. The s’mores game changer has arrived.
Let’s say it’s Sunday; mid afternoon and well… You’ve been making a dent on both your couch and that Original Netflix series, Narcos.
Then your cousin, friend, sister, brother, mom – Someone wants to come over. They’re expecting dessert. Because it’s what you do.
Except you’re out of eggs. And butter. Quite frankly you had absolutely no intention of going shopping. It’s Sunday, for crying out loud.
But you – You have a rep to protect.
And they’ll be ringing your doorbell in 30 minutes. You’ve been lounging all day in sweats and a tshirt.
You stop munching on those pretzels. You need em’. Ooh, you spotted a bag of marshmallows. That’s good. Marshmallows are good. And while rummaging through the fridge you find some dulce de leche.
Now we’re getting somewhere.
What do you do?
I got you, boo.
Flow with me… We’re about to make some Dulce de Leche Pretzel S’mores.
Yah… You read right, homie. These Dulce De Leche Pretzel S’mores are the shizzle and a cool fall breeze to make. If you can lay pretzels on a cookie sheet and top with a marshmallow, that my friend, is half the battle.
All it takes is 6 minutes for the marshmallows to melt in the oven. You allow the marshmallows to cool a little and then you add a bit of dulce De leche to the cool, yet still melted marshmallows. Then you top this with another pretzel.
Now melt some chocolate and dip the Dulce de Leche Pretzel S’mores into that smooth, silky, darkness.
Pop ’em in the freezer to set and go make yourself presentable for company.
Trust. You’re gonna wow them with this one.
- 1 ¾ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 regular sized marshmallows Marshmallows
- 48 Mini square “snap” pretzels
- Dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. Place chocolate in a bowl set over a pan half filled with simmering water. Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Once chocolate has melted, turn of the heat and leave the bowl over the pan until ready to use. This allows the steam to keep the chocolate viscous.
- Cut each marshmallow in half and set aside. Arrange half the pretzels on one prepared cookie sheet giving them at least 2 inches of space (marshmallows spread, boo). Place a marshmallow half over each pretzel.
- Place sheet pan in the oven for 5-6 minutes until marshmallows have melted and browned ever so slightly. Remove pan from oven and allow the marshmallows to cool and contract for at least 3 minutes. With a tiny cookie scoop or a measuring spoon, spoon about 1/4 teaspoon of dulce de leche over the melted marshmallows.
- S'more that situation: Sandwich with another pretzel piece and flatten slightly. Remove chocolate from pot of simmering water and working quickly, dip half of each pretzel s'more in the melted chocolate and place on prepared sheet pan. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 5 minutes or so to allow the chocolate to set.